Tuesday, May 31, 2011

James 1:1-4

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."    James 1:1-4

From my vantage point, it seems that we, as a church,  have been going through a trial over the past six weeks.  It has saddened us all that because of the trial, caused by a change in ordination standards of the PCUSA, we have lost some of our cherished members.  On the other hand, these members, understanding the God alone is Lord of the conscience, they had to follow their conscience, and we cannot argue againat conscience.

My response to the passage of Amendment 10-A was contained in the sermon I preached on May 22, and I understand this is the first sermon to be posted on our church web-page.  I believe you can go to http://www.westpreschurch.com/ and click on the worship page, then on the sermon page, to find the text. 

As for the trial we have been though, I pray that it is now behind us and that we have grown in our faith.  Or as James reminds us, trials can be used by God to make us comlete in our maturity.  WOW, as we grow in our faith, and allow God to bring us into a higher level of Christian maturity, how exciting it is to sit at my deak and dream about the work we will continue to do for the glory of God.

To God alone be the glory,
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment